I am grumpy because
- the dog needs walking
- the house needs cleaning
- my daughter thinks herself poor (and I take that as a personal smack-down)
- I’ve done badly in a class for the first time
- the house is dirty, but I think I said that
- a man I knew was an asshat has continued to prove himself anÂ asshat
- I’m tired, but no longer sleepy because I couldn’t go to bed when I wanted to
- I have wasted too much time online today
- people ask me questions that they ought to be able to think through themselves
- the lice, oh my God, will I never win this battle of the lice?
- the house: it is dirty
- I am out of ready cash and I have 20 days of month left–I hope I bought enough dog food and toilet paper
- I haven’t heard the sound of silence in days
- it is hot in this house
- I’m forbidden by prudery to mention this one, figure it out for yourselves
- I don’t have a work-space in my own home (that changes this weekend)
- I don’t want to study for this next exam.
I could have written all this in my journal, but I wanted to share the misery. Â And now I have. Â I wonder how much it would cost to buy enough rounds to fire myself back in to that cool, calm place in the center of my brain? Â Oh yeah, never mind. Â See item 12.
No, you did not do badly in a class—you did not meet ‘your’ expectations.