- Adding crunches, push-ups, and a plank to my squats. And I feel good. No, really. I’m beginning to see why people do this sort of thing. I’ve apparently become some one who enjoys exercising. I did NOT see this coming.
- Meditating on beauty.
- Renaming: from “Clutter Be Gone” to “Creating An Orderly Life.” It’s a mind-shift thing.
- Actively considering what it would take to re-arrange my room so that I could open the curtains. Wow. Seriously. You don’t even know what kind of crazy talk that is.
- Realizing, and being okay with the fact that I will never be exactly sure what happened here in my head. I am not sure if it was clinical depression or complicated grief. Between February 2008 and July 2010, I lost every role identity (wife, lover, granddaughter x 4, church worker, money-maker, daughter to a father, etc) I had, with the exceptions of “mother” and “daughter to my mother,” and I am being very specific with that last, because the specificity needs to be made. You’ve read about all that stuff before. I’m not going to re-hash it. I just want to mark today as a mile-stone in all of that-that.
- Pausing in front of the full-length mirror on the way to the shower.
- Using coconut oil in my hair for the first time. It doesn’t stink. But I won’t be needing to rinse it out.
That’s it for today. I need to go help my mom pack up her house now.